Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Charlotte's Jewelry Party


Charlotte turned two this week!  We had a jewelry party to celebrate.


My Noonday coach lent me a couple of her wooden busts for some pretty jewelry display.  I mixed up some grown-up jewelry with some kids' beads, just for fun.


Okay, I had a few kids ask me what these "crystal" things were.  Mark even asked!  Has no one ever had rock candy before?!  Rock candy suckers, people.  They are beautiful AND tasty.


Party favors!


I hacked some pieces of paper and my mama sewed them together as a garland.  This was virtually FREE and was so pretty!


I usually have other things on these shelves, but I stole all of Charlotte's art in her bedroom and brought it out, because ALL THE PINK AND GOLD THINGS....


This was when Mark was offering a beautiful prayer up to the Lord, thanking Him for Charlotte's life, and being so worshipful and wonderful.  ...and I was busy taking pictures because LOOK at her little hands folded up!  Sorry, Jesus.


Charlotte caught me not praying.


Picnicking!


This was a little craft display.  We made fruit loop and licorice necklaces and those who finished early got to color Barbie with special markers AND give her sparkly stick on jewelry.

I would now like to take this opportunity to brag about how many coloring contests I won as a child.  I was really a coloring prodigy.  Someday, I will share my coloring contest winning secrets with you all.  They involve glitter, jewels, and shading.  Bam.








Charlotte was more interested in EATING than crafting.  She is her father's child, evidently.





And Will was more interested in playing airplanes.  WHO THE HECK WANTS TO CRAFT WITH ME?  Thank you, neighborhood girls, for participating and making beautiful things to take home.



Here, you will see Lewis, eating all of Micah's hard Fruit Loop Stringing work.  We mothers are so sacrificial.


For dessert, we made Italian sodas (ice, club soda, heavy cream and Torani syrup)!


...and had cupcakes and mini cheesecake shooters.



My mom had beautiful gold spoons sitting in her basement.  Sometimes, I'm glad she is a hoarder.




Charlotte sang Happy Birthday to herself.  She had been practicing for this special moment.  It is really one of her greatest hits.  




This is SO Charlotte.  Messy face, fists tight, physically SHAKING with excitement - it's present time!  She is a very excitable, joyful kid.  Again, totally her father's child.  




The Princess shoe fits!


Diamond cookie party favors.  The backdrop/table cloth is wrapping paper from Target!


Each party favor had a little bead kit attached with some extra string for bracelet-making!


Auntie Naomi and matching tutus.


Auntie Micah and her crazy kimono.


And the smushy-face kiss.  This is a birthday tradition I hope to carry on well into my children's adulthood. 


Happy birthday, Charlotte!  We love you!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The DeYounge Life | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig